Eggless Scrambled Eggs
Eating plant based can be fun especially looking at the different ways, you can substitute certain foods to make a plant based meal.
If you would like to find an alternative to eggs and have been craving for scrambled eggs but did not want to have eggs, please try chickpeas scrambled eggs. I know I know…sounds very odd, but you are in for a treat.
When making chickpeas please ensure that you soak them overnight before cooking and that also makes for easier digestion. Hope you enjoy the meal.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ brown onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 2 tsp mustard
- ¼ tsp tumeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh parsley
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 – 2 tomatoes, halved
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion and green bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes
- In a small food processor combine the chickpea flour, cayenne, turmeric, paprika and salt. Pulse to combine. Slowly add the water to create a batter. Add the chickpeas and gently pulse to mash, ensuring you keep the texture, you want the chickeas chopped up Add the crushed garlic and parsley to the mix.
- Add the chickpea mix to the pan with the onion and bell pepper and cook as you do regular eggs – mixing, separating and scrambling. Cook for about 15 minutes. Remove the eggs from the pan into a bowl and set aside, keeping the pan on the heat.Add the halved tomatoes last and serve