How do I Transition to a Plant-Based Diet?
Its a common question that people who want to start a plant based diet ask. How do I get started? Its a great question. Here are a few tips and guides I would suggest and recommend to get you started.
- Follow your gut. There are many ways to answer this question but the main thing is to just start. Do not over analyze it, or you will end up hang up on getting it right and perfect and you will quit. You have the answer more than anyone else, because you know what your palette enjoys and what taste you like. So start by following your own gut about the vegetables you would like to incorporate into your meals.
- Eat more of the fruits and vegetables you already eat. I’m pretty sure there are some vegetables and fruits that you already enjoy. Well try dedicating at least eating these vegetables and fruits once or twice a week. Start off that way and see how you feel. Get in tune with your body and see how you felt on the days that you ate vegetables and fruits only. If you like it, then increase the days.
- Get rid of the animals foods you do not eat much, that will be easier.
- Find other people who eat plant based, whether it is online or where you live. It makes it a lot easier if you have someone who has been there before you and you can see how they eat. This will give you ideas to your transition. just make sure you do not compare your journey, to where they are now. Some have been eating plant based for a long time and it just comes naturally now. Allow yourself the time to get there too. It is a journey and you will slowly get there.
- A big big help will be finding cookbooks that are plant based and vegan. These will give you great ideas on what you can prepare. You will be surprised with what you can come up with and how tasty and filling the meals will be.
- Take the time to explore the grocery store with a different mindset once you decide to eat more plant based. You will want to start spending more time in the produce section and also stocking your pantry with spices and seasonings to get your food tasting good that you will want more. Try a new recipe each week. Do not be afraid to experiment with a new vegetable each week. get out of your comfort zone as you have always known. Be open minded throughout the process.
- The biggest lesson is to always be prepared and take it one day at a time. If you have some vegetables and fruits in your household that is always ready to be eaten, it will be hard to fall back into your old ways. Also remember to be kind to yourself. If you fall off the bandwagon on the day you decide to eat plant based its okay. It really is not the end of everything. Just get back on track. You will have so many days like that but the more you get back up and learn from it, the easier it will become.
In the next blog post I will share with you how to shop for your plant based foods. I hope you will find it useful as you slowly start changing your diet to incorporate more vegetables. If you have any specific question please feel free to comment below or email me at email@example.com